Location: Kumasi - Ashanti Region, Ghana, W/A
Postal Address: P. O. Box 854, Kumasi Fax: +233 (0)3220-22387
Tel: +233 (0)3220-22387, +233 (0)3220-22388
Dr. Julius Cudjoe Ahiekpor is the Director at the Institute of Research, Innovation, and Development (IRID). He is a Senior Lecturer at the Chemical Engineering Department of Kumasi Technical University. His works spans the areas of sustainable energy production, energy access, and modern energy cooking solutions. He has over 13 years of experience and knowledge in renewable energy technologies and has been involved in several projects and studies including; the identification of barriers to RE technology transfer to Ghana, advocacy for accelerated development of RE based mini-grids in island communities of Ghana, assessment of rural woodstove market, mapping of the clean cooking sector in Ghana, capacity needs assessment for renewable energy and energy efficiency in West Africa, feasibility study and implementation plan to establish 200 institutional biogas systems in Ghana, etc. He is the Bioenergy Coordinator at Centre for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (CREK).
PhD. (Chemical Engineering),University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria
MSc. (Chemical Engineering), KNUST, Ghana
BSc (Chemical Engineering), KNUST, Ghana
Renewable energy technologies (Bioenergy, Biofuels, Biogas, Solar PV)
Optimization of indigenous chemical processes
Environmental and waste management
Waste to Energy
Efficient Cookstove Design.
Ahiekpor, J.C. (2018). State of Ghana’s clean cooking sector: Opportunities for scale up. Ghana Clean Cooking Forum. AMA Conference Centre, Accra. 31 October, 2018.
Participated in the Chemical Security and Responsible Care conference, Naivasha, Kenya, 2-3 December, 2019.
Presented at the Renewable Energy and Advocacy Experience sharing conference, Nairobi, Kenya. 29 October – 5 November, 2019
Participated in the Clean Cooking Forum. Nairobi, Kenya. 5 – 10 November, 2019.
1. Bensah, E.C., Ahiekpor, J.C., and Antwi, E. (2018). Ghana Clean Technology Biogas Study. Ghana Climate Innovation Centre (GCIC). Accra, Ghana
2. Ahiekpor, J.C., Bensah E.C., and Kemausuor F. (2017). Rural woodstove market study. Netherlands Enterprise Agency and Netherlands Development Organisation. Accra, Ghana
3. Ahiekpor, J.C., Bensah E.C., and Kemausuor F. (2017). Electricity needs assessment and willingness to pay for modern electricity in Island communities of Ghana: A baseline report for Ghana Strategic Partnership for Evidence Based Advocacy (V4CP). Netherlands Development Organization, Accra, Ghana.
4. Bensah E.C., Ahiekpor, J.C., Kemausuor F., and Antwi E., (2015). Identification of barriers to renewable energy technology transfer to Ghana. China-Ghana South-South Cooperation on RE Technology Transfer. UNDP, Accra, Ghana.
5. Hanekamp, E., and Ahiekpor, J.C. (2015). Feasibility study of Ghana’s institutional biogas programme. WO46. Climate Support Facility. Brussels, Belgium.
6. Ahiekpor, J.C., Ribeiro, J.X.F., Rockson, M.A.D., Bensah, E.C., and Antwi, E. (2013). Mapping of stakeholders in the clean cookstove value chain in Ghana. UNDP. Accra, Ghana.
7. Ahiekpor, J.C. (2013). Overview of solar projects in Ghana. SNV, Accra, Ghana.
8. Antwi, E., Ahiekpor, J.C., Bensah, E.C., Lamp, J. (2012). Design, construction, and operation of 40 cubic meter fixed dome biogas plant. Netherlands Development Organisation. Accra, Ghana.